Thursday 24 July 2014

A BUMP for Every Season

One of my students’ favourite math games to play is BUMP. I have a few different versions I have blogged about before… the most popular ones are Super Mario and Princess BUMP. I made a freebie summer version {here} and a freebie hockey version {here} as well.

It’s a pretty simple game. Here are the rules:

bump02
With my math centres and word work centres, I love to have games or centres that just change slightly each month… that way, you only have to teach it once and the students can do it all year long. So I thought to myself… wouldn’t it be fun to have a BUMP game for every holiday?? So I took a break from the million other TpT projects I am working on and made some new versions. These will be perfect for Math With Someone rotations during guided math! You just have to teach the game once in September, then each month you can change the gameboard and it becomes a new centre! Voila! Easy peasy! Click the picture below to check it out on TpT.

bump01
I made games for 11 different holidays/seasons: Back to School, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day/Veteran’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s Day, Winter, Groundhog Day, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Spring, Camping, and Summer.

Preview
For each holiday, there are four options: full colour addition, full colour subtraction, black & white addition, or black & white subtraction. If you want to save on coloured ink, just print the black & white versions onto coloured cardstock!

Slide5
Another great thing about BUMP is that it is very easy to differentiate for students. Just change up the type of dice you give them. Easiest: two dotted dice, medium: one dotted die and one number die, and harder: two number dice!

Slide4
If you want to try out BUMP with your class, check out the pack on TpT. If you download the preview, you will find the list of holidays, the official rules, and the Back to School addition gameboard for you to try out.

bump03
Oh, and if you don’t follow me on Facebook… look what I did this weekend! You are looking at the new Mrs. Ross! :) It was the most beautiful, perfect day I could have asked for. Beautiful weather, awesome family & friends, my darling baby girl, and saying I do to my best friend. It doesn't get better than that! :) Have a great weekend!

SONY DSC

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late to the post, but Congrats! You (and the fam) are gorgeous! I hope that you had good weather (like usual, Manitoba weekends get all the rain)!

    Dawn
    Apples, Owls, and Peppermint Mochas

    ReplyDelete