Monday 28 January 2013

Oh Dollar Store and Oh Canada!!

I love shopping at the Dollar Tree. I hadn't been in a while and they had so much new stuff! It was very exciting! Here are a few fun finds:

Window sticky borders (might try these on the white board!), frog cut outs, and gigantic tooth brush for Dental Healh unit.

Valentine's Day clings, garland, foam stickers, and headband.

And I can't resist new puzzles and large foam dice! Yipee! :)

Alright, here is a new unit for all my Canadian followers! This is a Social Studies unit for studying Canadian symbols! Click the picture to check it out at TpT:


Here's a peak at some of the activities included in this Canadian unit:

1. "What is a symbol?" poster and writing page.
2. Ten Canadian Symbol pages (hockey, beaver, goose, red & white, flag, map, national anthem, languages, maple tree, and money) to make into a cute Canadian flag book.
3. Provincial and Territorial Symbol pages (complete one for all of Canada or just your own province/territorry).
4. Canadian Money anchor chart and mini book.
5. RCMP Craft and Writing Pages (three options).
6. Beaver Craft and Writing Pages (three options).





This unit is perfect for February 15th - National Flag of Canada Day! Here is freebie from the unit that you can use, a writing and colouring page of the Canadian flag. Click the picture below to download a copy.


5 comments:

  1. OMG! I want those foam dice!!! I need to make a trip to the dollar tree (again...lol)

    Also love the Canada Packet!! Where did you get the cute money and canada graphics!!?? I can never find any !

    Great Job Amanda!!

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee!! I was so excited about the dice. I actually bought five sets! :)

    The Canadian clipart is from Scrappin Doodles and the money is a new pack from The 3AM Teacher. I love the money clipart! I will totally have to make some money math activities with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so awesome! Thanks! I too usually buy more than I will ever use just because they are cute and cheap and who knows!

      -Renee

      Delete
  3. Love your Canada pack. I"m going to pin it 'cause I like to do that unit in June leading up to Canada Day.
    Thanks!!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Finally a Canadian pack :) I'm off to purchase it right now! Thanks Amanda!

    Kaleigh
    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete